Last week was a wash. Work was great; a project I’ve been working hard on came to much-better-than-expected fruition. On the other hand, Jason was gone for four days. I wrote a blog post of things that are terrible about being home alone (and there are many such things), but it seemed whiny so I deleted it. I’m just really happy to have him back.
Also last week I:
- went to YW for the first time since I graduated from high school. I think the YW have just as much energy as my former primary class.
- read a lot.
- cheered on Adam and Grant from afar in their respective tennis tournaments.
They each took second place (first singles) in high school and junior high regions, respectively, a feat I never thought possible for a Pullan athlete.
- made many smoothies.
- ran in oppressive heat more than once, and attended my first gym fitness class in a while. It was intense, but good intense.
- did our grocery shopping
- had chocolate-frosted donuts for breakfast.
- discovered the baking part of our oven was broken when we tried to make hashbrown patties. Management sent over a maintenance worker within the hour who diagnosed the problem as a broken igniter. The new part should be here on Tuesday.
- returned 2/3 of the swim suits I ordered online. Love the remaining 1/3 very much!
- went to a barbecue with some of Jason’s friends and brought a mango quinoa salad.
- made our biannual trip to Target.
- slept in.
- read the newspaper.
- made dinner in the crock pot and had angel food cake instead of lasagna and strawberry shortcakes, thanks to the aforementioned oven issues.
- had friends over for supper.
- talked to the Frosts.
This coming week is the first of four <5 day work weeks. I'm very excited. Summer has arrived, and I've got my sandals on to prove it!