*I find it increasingly difficult to come up with new titles that mean “Random stuff that is going on in the life of the Frosts” but don’t sound as dismal as “The Frost Weekend Depository”, which is what I almost called this post.
– I had a nice phone conversation with Grant while I was waiting for the shuttle on Thursday night. On Friday I found this picture on my dad’s Facebook.
It’s tiny and I should really get ahold of the original, but it perfectly captures the quintessential Grant. He’s always been content and chill while the chaos of the Pullan family goes on in the background. When he was really little, my dad worried that he never got a chance to talk (which was true), so Dad would (try to) make us all be quiet so Grant could get a word in. It’s weird that he’s not a little baby anymore.
– On Saturday morning I made pancakes and Jason helped our friends move out of the ward. Lame. Afterward we took naps and read and watched some basketball and waited until it started snowing to do our grocery shopping.
– We celebrated Groundhog Day in the usual Pullan fashion by watching Groundhog Day. We did not make a groundhog cake, partly out of laziness and partly because it is someone’s birthday this week and there may be ice cream cake (or so I’m told). I love Groundhog Day.
Jason pointed out that not one of these pictures shows the glasses I actually purchased. Hint: they are similar.
– Jason didn’t have meetings on Sunday until noon, so we slept in and read the paper. It was nice.
– After church, we made minestrone soup and Grandma Pullan’s French bread. Both = culinary wins. The bread recipe makes three loaves, so I cut it in half and made two (what I thought would be) smaller loaves. They were still massive, which is good because the bread was awesome and we will eat it all.